The CGNC Code of Ethics reflects the principles and standards that professional nurse consultants affirm to uphold in the performance of their work. It is implicit in this Code of Ethics is the requirement that the consultant must comply fully with all country, state, and local laws governing the business.
By submitting this application, you pledge to:
- Maintain acceptable standards of clinical nursing practice, management, research, and education.
- Serve all clients with honesty, integrity, competence , objectivity, and professionalism.
- Observe timeliness of deliverables to the client and adherence to timeframes n egotiated.
- Be forthright with the client on any existing or prospective conflict of interest that may compromise the financial and strategic interest of the client.
- Always protect client information and client records and use proprietary client information only with permission.
- Observe culturally appropriate, culturally sensitive, and safe behavior when interacting with all stakeholders.
- Only accept engagements if the work is within my area of expertise, knowledge, and competence.
- Agree with client in advance and will charge fees that are reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with the work and services delivered
- Inform clients of any commissions received for supplies, equipment, or services recommended to client.
- Avoid misrepresentations nor advertise in a deceptive manner that could harm the consulting profession, consulting firms, or its practitioners.